Re: How to use OpenGL with Gtkmm 3?

Am 26.03.2013 16:16, schrieb dAgeCKo:
Le 26/03/2013 15:54, Jonas Platte a écrit :
Am 26.03.2013 15:16, schrieb Gerardo Ballabio:
Hi all,
can you please tell me whether there's a way to render an OpenGL scene
in a gtkmm3 program?
You could use the SFMLWidget:
https://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML/wiki/Source%3A-GTK-SFMLWidget

AFAIK VBox does not exist in gtk 3 anymore. So I emit a little doubt about if that code was effectively compiled and linked with gtk 3.
Gtk::VBox definitely exists in gtkmm 3, but what difference does that make? This class is never used in the SFMLWidget Source code.

If this widget works on both gtk2 and gtk3, then I _think_ gtkglext could quite easily be ported to gtk 3.

And in that sense, it might be interesting to propose to officially include GL widgets and means into Gtk. It has interests for many people, including me (but I know this is not the good list to talk about this :) ) If some people would like to do this, I would be very happy to follow you and help you as I can.

Here is how to use OpenGL directly with SFML:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/window-opengl.php