Re: 3.x vs 2.x Gtkrc Widget Properties / Syntax

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:13:18 +0100, Kjell Ahlstedt
<kjell ahlstedt bredband net> wrote:
>No, gtkmm 3 is not backwards compatible with gtkmm 2. There are many
>incompatibilities. See
>http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/changes-gtkmm3.html.en

Hi Kjell,

Thanks. Specifically, I found this from the link you gave me...

    6.Gtk::Style and Gtk::Rc were removed, replaced by
       Gtk::StyleContext, and Gtk::StyleProviders, such as
       Gtk::CssProvider

>From this it is evident that support for 2.x "style" APIs have been
removed. But just to be clear... Will existing gtk2rc files using the
old 2.x syntax have to be modified to use the new CSS type syntax in
order to work under 3.x.? Sorry if I'm being repetitive. I need to be
sure I understand this so I can make a roadmap for future work on our
company's project.

Kenton