Re: 3.x vs 2.x Gtkrc Widget Properties / Syntax

No, gtkmm 3 is not backwards compatible with gtkmm 2. There are many incompatibilities. See
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/changes-gtkmm3.html.en

Kjell

2013-01-23 22:35, kenton wilson gmail com skrev:
Hi,

I believe I read recently that Gtkmm 3.x started using CSS type style
sheet syntax to control widget properties as a replacement for the 2.x
notation / syntax. Is the 3.x release backwards compatible with the
older 2.x syntax. (i.e. will Gtkmm3 still support 2.x syntax for at
least the 2.x widgets such that my 2.x code could be compiled against
Gtkmm3 without making any changes to either the 2.x source or gtkrc
file?)

TIA,
Kenton