RE: Microsoft Visual Studio 10

You’re not reading the error messages that it’s printing – in particular which CPP file it’s objecting to.  You have to make sure that the stdafx.h include is the first one in each file, or (in rare cases) you need to change the compile settings for that file to disable precompiled headers for that file.

From: gtkmm-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtkmm-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Arbol One
Sent: Monday, 12 November 2012 10:58
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Microsoft Visual Studio 10

Yes, aaahh, MS-VS10 is very strange, from its main(), to its 'adding a new file'. I would not recommend it to anyone. Nevertheless, I have to get it to work for this application; I am sooooo sorry for that.

I have an error message that says:

1>------ Build started: Project: vsSara, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>  stdafx.cpp

1>m:\gtkmm\include\gtkmm-2.4\gtkmm\papersize.h(291): warning C4099: 'Gtk::PaperSizeTraits' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'

1>          m:\gtkmm\include\gtkmm-2.4\gtkmm\papersize.h(35) : see declaration of 'Gtk::PaperSizeTraits'

1>  vsSara.cpp

1>  exception.cpp

1>exception\exception.cpp(2): warning C4627: '#include "exception.hpp"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use

1>          Add directive to 'StdAfx.h' or rebuild precompiled header

1>\exception\exception.cpp(470): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "StdAfx.h"' to your source?

// stdafx.h

#ifndef SARA_STDAFX_H

#define SARA_STDAFX_H

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

#include <stdio.h>

#include <gtkmm.h>

#include "exception/exception.hpp"

#endif SARA_STDAFX_H

// vsSara.cpp

#include "stdafx.h"

#include "exception/exception.hpp"

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

        Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);

        Gtk::Window jaime;

        Gtk::Main::run(jaime);

       return 0;

}

What am I doing wrong?

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail.

Let there come out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and to strive against what is wrong: They are the ones to attain respect and admiration, they are FSF, GTK+, *NIX, SQLite... etc.

Eat Kosher