Re: Event Propagation problem

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Kjell Ahlstedt
<kjell ahlstedt bredband net> wrote:
> Yes, it would be a good idea to update the Keyboard Events chapter.

Ok, I'll try to do that (should I reply to the same bug report of the chapter?).

> I realize now that the example program keyboard_events/simple has an
> unfortunate mixture of overriding the default signal handler, and connecting
> an extra signal handler. Similar to what Carlos first did, after my
> incomplete description.

I just noticed that now, but it isn't how I had written. I think it
was changed in the commit.

> ExampleWindow in the program keyboard_events/propagation needs both an
> overridden default signal handler and an extra connected signal handler in
> order to show what's going on. (Perhaps even one connected signal handler
> that executes before the default handler, and another one after.)

Yes, I think I understand what you're saying. We can override the
on_key_release_event() (and write something to cout there), and then
call the Gtk::Window version (which will then work as is now).
And also have the one that is called before, so the messages would be:

window before
window overridden
entry
grid