multiple selection in lists

Hi,

if I remember correctly, old versions of Gtk allowed 2 multiple selection modes:
1) regular multiselection with control and shift ;
2) keyboardless multiple selection, with plain clicks toggling the state of each row independantly.

If I am not mistaken, the second mode has disappeared, only the standard remains.

However, the target of an application I'm writting is computer-reluctant, will not use the keyboard and might even not read the manual. Therefore, the second mode seems more suitable: as the list is short, a single click allows the user to understand that he can select multiple lines.

Is there a simple way to simulate this behaviour in Gtkmm (API 2.4) ?

Thanks,
yann