Re: keyboard events?

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 08:47 -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:
> lecas malecas said the following at 09/04/2011 04:04 PM :
> > Yea, the documentation is a bit lacking in that part, I also had some
> > problems with that.
> >
> > Here's an example, in my case to check for the esc key (and hide the window).
> >

> Thank you very much; that looks very helpful.
>
> And yes, the documentation does seem very weak in this area. So I'm
> particularly grateful for resources like this e-mail reflector.

The C++ docs is designed to be supplemented by the C documentation
that's also available[1] since gtkmm is wrapper around gtk+/gdk.
Structures like GdkEventKey[2] are fully described in the C
documentation of gdk[3].

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/references
[2]
http://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-Event-Structures.html#GdkEventKey
[3] http://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/

It is true that there is no section in the online book about handling
key presses but maybe it's because it shouldn't be very complicated.

As far as detecting special keys like SHIFT, etc.  This is definitely
possible by using the Gtk::Widget::signal_key_press_event() signal.