Re: Mapping of model attributes with unknown values to a corresponding widget display

> I don't really know what you are asking for.

I hope that I can clarify my imaginations a bit more for a better common
understanding.

>> Can such a class be used without the complete database abstraction library?
>
> Yes, if you write it yourself, or accept the LGPL license.

I hope that something can be reused from the handling of nullable data types
without access to a (relational) data base library.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullable_type

If I would like to raise the abstraction level a bit for the fields of a simple
data structure like an array, I do not want to develop a corresponding kind of
ODBC driver.
http://developer.gnome.org/libgda/4.2/features.html

I'm looking for general programming interfaces which allow me the signalling of
unknown values to targets like a GUI in a consistent way.

Regards,
Markus