Re: Gtk::AboutDialog

Hello Kjell,

Thank you for your help.

I am sure your suggestion makes sense.

The only problem is that I am on WinXP and it seems that gvfs is not available on this platform.
Or may be I am wrong ?

Best Regards,
Cordialement,

Stéphane LOS
slos hilscher com
Support technique

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hilscher France
12, rue du 35ème Régiment d'Aviation
Miniparc du Chêne
69500 BRON
France
Tél. : +33 (0) 4 72 37 98 40
Fax  : +33 (0) 4 78 26 83 27
http ://www.hilscher.fr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Le 24/03/2011 16:39, Kjell Ahlstedt a écrit :
Hi Stéphane,

Have you installed package gvfs? If not, do that.

This info is not easy for a gtkmm programmer to find. It's mentioned in
the description of gtk_show_uri(), but only in gtk+ version 2.24 and
later. It says

The uri must be of a form understood by GIO (i.e. you need to install
gvfs to get support for uri schemes such as http:// or ftp://, as only
local files are handled by GIO itself).

(If this email does not look like a reply in all respects, it's because
I did not subscribe to gtkmm-list when the original email was sent. I've
copied info from http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/)

/Kjell

Then, when the dialog is shown, clicking on the link pops up an error
window saying :

"No application registered to manage this file"
(This my translation from French)

How may I register my browser then ?

Of course, it works when I click on any link on my explorer.
PS : at work I am using WinXP / Firefox.