Re: Gstreamermm: How to get Gst::TagList without opening the stream?

Thank you for your help, Jose! For now I am still fine with Gst::PLAY_PAUSED. I will just wait for the next release then... Thank you!

2011/6/20 José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net>
On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 22:06 -0400, Phong Cao wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I just wonder if there is any kind of objects or methods in
> GStreamermm that are similar to GstDiscoverer so that I can get the
> Gst::TagList of a stream without opening it? I know that I can just
> open the stream and then set its state to Gst::PLAY_PAUSED and read
> the TagList from there, but I just afraid that it would make my
> application pretty slow (if I have to import like 1000 songs into my
> music manager software).

We haven't been working on wrapping that part of the API because we
weren't aware that anyone would need to use it.  Also, it is fairly new
API.  However, we'll try to include it in the upcoming release of
gstremaermm which should happen some time next month.

> I really wonder how the Rhythmbox & Banshee team did it? How did they
> make their softwares get the GstTagList without opening the stream?

I can't say for sure.  You might try asking on their mailing lists or
browsing their source code:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/rhythmbox/tree/
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/tree/