How to install binaries on Ubuntu Lucid?

Well, the "Downloading" page says:

>We will update this page soon as binary packages for gtkmm 3 become
> available.

Instructions for Debian say: 'apt-get install libgtkmm-2.4-dev' -- I
tried that & my system sez: 'libgtkmm-2.4-dev is already the newest
version.' Did the update get overlooked? Are the binaries not out yet?

I looked in Synaptic & Ubuntu software Center, but couldn't find
anything new.

Anyway apologies for my ignorance, but would love to install latest
(stable) gtkmm, preferably binary. Will install from source if nec.

Help?

Thanks,
Ed Rippy