Re: Deriving from Gtk::CellEditable

Hi Andrew,

I became curious, and tried to find an answer to your question.
Unfortunately I failed. I doubt that interfaces in glibmm and gtkmm are
meant to be used like you want to do, deriving directly from an
interface without a corresponding C class that the derived C++ class
wraps. It would be easier if you could derive your class from Gtk::Entry
instead of directly from Gtk::CellEditable, but perhaps you have a good
reason for not doing that?

If you use gdb for debugging, you can set a breakpoint at g_log, print a
backtrace, and see from where the critical message is printed. You will
see that it's printed while the constructor of Gtk::CellEditable is
being executed. So, even if you can add the necessary code in your own
constructor, it's too late. When it's reached, the message has already
been printed.