Re: EXTERNAL: Re: gtk themes with gtkmm on Windows

On 11/3/2010 1:46 PM, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
as described on the Wiki. Make sure to keep the directory structure, and
put your binary at the toplevel or in a bin/ subdirectory.
After a lot of experimenting, I think I found two solutions that
got the theme to work.

method 1

I copied all the gtkmm tree with /bin /etc /lib /share to the C: on
the new PC.  The app directory didn't have those folders or any of
the gtkmm dlls.  I had to add c:\gtkmm\bin to the path.  I discovered
that if I install the gtk preference tool into c:\gtkmm I could
select a theme and my app would see it.

method 2

I created the complete file tree in the app folder as described on
the wiki.  Today it worked but I couldn't figure out why it didn't
work earlier this week.  Finally I discovered the reason.  I had
been experimenting today with the gtk pref tool but removed it.
Even though the tool folder was gone, it had left behind
c:\Documents and Settings\user\.gtkrc-2.0.  I removed this file and
found that my app didn't work with the correct theme just as it was
earlier this week.  So, I found that the wiki instructions are missing
just one thing.  If I add the c:\Documents and Settings\user\.gtkrc-2.0
file, then the wiki instructions will work.  I also noticed that
the presence of app/etc/gtkrc or app/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc didn't have
any effect on getting the theme to work, regardless of the presence
of c:\Documents and Settings\user\.gtkrc-2.0.

Damon Register