gtk themes with gtkmm on Windows

I have built an app for Windows using Mingw and gtkmm.  The app works
great on the computer where it was compiled but when I copy it to
another PC, it does not have the ms-windows theme.  After completing the
instructions at http://live.gnome.org/gtkmm/MSWindows for redistributing,
the app will run but it is using the default gtk theme and not the
ms-windows.

After a lot of searching this list and Googling for info on this,
I have not found anything that has helped.  With the Google info I
only got more confused.  What is required to get themes to work
for a redistributed app on Windows?  I notice that Wireshark seems
to be a gtk app and I see it has its own gtkrc but I can't figure out
how the theme stuff works for Wireshark but not my app.

Damon Register