Re: demo assistant

El Apr 30, 2010, a las 4:15 AM, deloptes <deloptes yahoo com> escribió:

The first time I asked about assistant, you (or someone else) said write a patch. In the meanwhile someone has done this already. If it was planned it
would be nice to know prior to spending time on it.

It was Murray who said that he would welcome a patch. After you said that you could only provide the code (and not a patch), he told you that it would take longer to tend to the matter.

No one was working on the same thing you were working on. As was already said, it is sometimes easier to start from scratch in some circumstances. Please don't feel insulted that your code was not used. This often happens in an open source environment.

This is exactly like firstlevel support in an odd company, where something
is said only to bounce the customer back.
I can not demand on more cooperativeness (as we are doing all this on free bases), but it would be extremely nice and helpful if you'd do so. (And by
you I mean all)

Don't get confused by thinking that people that help out freely out of the enjoyment of programming are actually part of the company in charge of *mm projects. Some of us offer our services out of a desire to exert our abilities and contribute to a fine open source community such as this one.

We post our contributions just like you do and then leave it up to the maintainers to accept the patches, comment on them or reject them if they like. It's all part of the process.

--
José