Re: gtkmm and C++0x

Le mer. 31 mars 2010 à 11:31:47 (+0200), michi7x7 a écrit:
> I really don't like "auto". C++ is a type-oriented language, auto
> will just cause problems with highlighters and will most of the time
> just be used to skip the real type.

If IDEs cannot handle auto, it would be because they lack the proper
tooling to do the type inference necessary to implement auto. I wouldn't
say it's the fault of the auto feature. It's up to IDE writter to invest
in proper tooling.

> auto widget = get_widget(); //get_widget() can be overwritten

If get_widget is overwritten in a way that results in an ambiguity, I
suppose that statement would be ill formed. So I fail to see the
issue you are trying to raise.

        Dodji