Re: gtkmm and C++0x

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 00:02 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
> > What could be changed, as Murray already said, are the examples in
> > the gtkmm-documentation module.  It could be worthwhile to see if
> > the examples could be modified to use these upcoming C++ features.
>
> Provided it does not make the library uncompilable for anyone using a
> c++98/03 compiler.  I don't think it would be right to make the
> library unusable for those people, just for the purpose of showing
> others in the examples how to use the extended auto keyword in c++0x.
>
> I cannot now remember how easy it is to switch off compilation of the
> examples.  It used to be the default: I am not sure if it still is.

The examples are in gtkmm-documentation, which is a completely separate
module.

Old versions of the gtkmm book (with the examples in the text) are
always remain online at library.gnome.org, and the old tarballs will
also be available.

As soon as g++ supports a finally-standardized C++0x, I would be happy
to use it in examples.

www.openismus.com