Re: gtkmm and C++0x

Hello,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:27:07 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc openismus com> wrote:

> As soon as g++ supports a finally-standardized C++0x, I would be happy
> to use it in examples.

Please keep in mind that explicit mentioning of the actual variable types
in documentation / examples actually helped me with my learning process.
Substituting the types with auto may diminish the educational value of
the documentation.
For example,
Gtk::Widget* w = somefunc();
is somewhat self-documenting in a way that we know that somefunc() returns
Gtk::Widget* (or similar).
You can, of course, always mention there that people with C++0x compilers
can use auto instead of the actual type.

Thanks,
Alexander