Re: Standalone Glibmm::ustring

Murray Cumming wrote:
> 20 dlls for glibmm or libxml++? That seem unlikely. Are you sure?

20 dlls for glibmm was what  the page you linked to said. By trial on
error I have reduced this to six libraries I actually need - totalling
7 MB.

> Is your application open source? You can't statically link to an LGPL
> library if your application is not open source, such as GPL.

I am undecided on how I'll be licensing the application - so for now
the answer to that question is no. I thought that LGPL allowed me to
link statically without using an open source license myself. Now that
I am doing some research in this it seems that I indeed am not
required to use an open source license when linking statically, but
that I would need to provide the source of the LGPL'ed software
together with the .o files of any other code.

Anyway, let's exclude statically linking (at the very least for now).
Then I guess it would be advisable - if I want to get rid of the dead
weight - to create a glibmmustring dll, licensed under LGPL, which I
can link to dynamcally in my application, right?

Jasper Horn