Re: gtkmm support for keyboard input processing and input methods (or lack thereof)

2010/1/19  <smso graduate hku hk>:
> Dear Chrysme,
>    You may try getting the CJK texts from Gtk::Entry and then rendering them on
> the drawing area by pangomm.
> http://www.pango.org/ScriptGallery
>
> Best regards from smso

Thanks for your advice, I do plan to use pango for text rendering.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to use a separate Gtk::Entry
widget. The particulars of this application are that the OpenGL scene
can be fullscreened, in which case there should be a console interface
(text log and prompt) rendered over it to control some rendering
parameters via text input. And this console needs CJK characters input
support.

I played with the idea of trying to redirect the input a hidden
Gtk::Entry, but it's too ugly of a hack and some aspects are
impossible to work out (especially the IM window positioning). For now
the solution I'm going with is to implement GtkIMMulticontext with the
Gtk+ C API, and integrate it with the existing gtkmm code using
Glib::wrap().

Regards