Re: Thoughts on mm-common and gmmproc

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 14:16 +0100, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:
> And so I did, but it a still work in progress though, some more detailed
> informations should be added.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/gtkmm/mmproc

Looks good. Some thoughts:

1. I'd use call it gmmproc3. That's simpler.

2.
"
* Rework defs and xml parser to use gir files. Xml documentation file
would stay, because gir contains all information about C API, but not
all documentation.
  * Rewrite gmmproc itself to use only one language - perl or python."

I imagined that it would be easier the other way around. Then again,
it's hard to say why.

3. I would personally veto any attempt to use Perl. I hate its syntax
more the more I use it. I'd still dislike working on gmmproc if it had
any perl. python is much less obscure.

4.
For now, I'd keep gmmproc in glibmm (well, a branch) for now. That makes
it much easier to play with, because you can change it and use it all in
one module.

www.openismus.com