Re: ANNOUNCE: cluttermm 0.9.5, clutter-gtkmm 0.9.5, clutter-box2dmm 0.9.1

Hi,
Just messing around with the cluttermm package.  There seem to be a few issues; I'm happy to change the documentation, but some of it seems to be underlying problems.

1) compiling the package:
 the default install made it challenging as I had to configure the system to allow the clutter libraries to be seen;
firstly pkgconfig wouldn't recognise them and then at runtime they weren't in a path.  Most libraries seem to be in /usr/lib;
was there a good reason to choose /usr/local/lib?  Or is there an easy way to check the path is part of the $PATH variable?

The clutter pkgconfig .pc file points to version 0.9; it's 1.0 now.

2) the first example: the int (line 9 and 10) isn't accepted, and needs to be a float.
 (I'm assuming this is to do with gfloat, but don't know enough to be certain).

compiling: the package is now updated to 1.0; the command on p6 needs to be changed to reflect this.

3) with that, the first example compiles, but there's something strange about the stage.
If I run the program, it shows up on the GNOME panel, but not on the main screen.
However, running a second instance of the program, that second instance can be convinced to show.
It doesn't grab the screen on starting, and seems to need convincing to be drawn on the screen.

4) the second example file requires a .pc file for clutter-gtkmm-0.9, which doesn't seem to be
part of the install.

Ian.

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now.