Re: application starts but doesn't show any controls !! same for GTKMM-DEMO..

Thanks.

Its a debian etch distribution. However the gtkmm and glibmm libraries which came with the standard distribution were�pretty�old.
As such i compiled gtkmm to gtkmm-2.12.7 and glibmm to glibmm-2.22.1 �.�
I could run gtk-demo without any problem. So i guess there should not be any memory, driver or X server problem. The strace log show the last few lines to be poll, gettimeofday �which repeats endlessly....

Test Results :

child_widget ==> passed , controls seen

child_widget2 ==>passed, controls seen

child_widget_managed�==>passed, controls seen

delete_cpp_child==>passed, controls seen

dialog==>passed, controls seen

dialog_deletethis==>passed, controls seen

main_with_options==>passed, but controls not seen. NO error message

menu_destruction==>passed, but controls not seen. No error message

property_notification==>passed, controls seen. Color chooser dialog came up and the color changed accordingly

refcount_dialog==>passed, controls seen.

scrolledwindow==> Got a few lines of output " ~Instance() 1�~Instance() 1�~Instance() 3 ~DerivedScrolledWindow , then warning viewport destroyed , ~DerivedLabel, again warning gtklabel destroyed

wrap_existing==> warning on_object_qdata_destroyed(): c instance=0x7fe09c98 , after delete

Hope this will be helpful.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 09:51 +0530, dj devel
> I have a custom application for my arm based cirrus logic board.

Is this some standard distro, or something very custom?

> Even the gtkmm-demo appication in the gtkmm source is not working.
> However the test applications in the gtkmm source would start up
> showing the controls. Iam confused !

I guess you need to find one simple test case that shows the problem.
Maybe there's a problem with your graphics driver or X server, or some
memory problem.

Have you tried all the examples in gtkmm-documentation? Maybe one of
them will show the problem.

www.openismus.com