Re: gnomedbmm

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 22:26 +0200, István Kelemen wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to learn to develop database applications on linux c++
> platform, and I found that gtkmm+gnomedbmm would be the best for me. I
> am not an advanced developer neither of them, so excuse me if some
> question are stupid, and if it is not the right place to ask. I have
> Debian Squeeze, and Anjuta. I have been trying the gnomedbmm example
> programs. In Anjuta I added gtkmm-2.4 and libgnomedbmm-3.0 to the
> project packages. Compiling and linking was succesful, but at runtime
> I found error with the grid example
> ( http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/libgnomedbmm-3.0/docs/tutorial/html/ch05.html ). When I clicked in an editable cell, I found a message in the terminal "** (Grid example:6425): WARNING **: Not yet implemented". And then, when I tried to save the changes, I got an error window, with "Invalid parameter '+0'" message. What is wrong?

libgnomedbmm (and libgnomedb) are no longer developed.

However,
a) libgdamm (the non-UI) part is still active.
b) libgda-uimm (wrapping the UI part of libgda) replaces libgnomedbmm:
   http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgda-uimm

But libgda-uimm is probably not used much, so it might need some work.

www.openismus.com