Re: gtkmm and gstreamer

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 18:02 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 16:55 -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
> > I'm writing a gtkmm application that uses gstreamer. For gstreamer
> > "pipelines" a glib_main_loop has to be running. I saw that
> > Gtk::Main::run() is basically a call to gtk_main(). I read the docs for
> > gtk_main() and it's a wrapper for glib_main_loops as far as I can tell.
> > Does this mean if I call Gtk::Main::run() I don't need to worry about
> > calling another main loop for gstreamer from another thread? Can anybody
> > share stories/experiences with gtkmm/gstreamer development?
>
> Using Gtk::Main::run() is fine.  gstreamermm has a media example to show
> that nothing else is needed:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gstreamermm/tree/examples/media_player_gtkmm

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question.  It looks like you're
asking about threads about which I'm not too sure.  From previous posts,
I seem to remember that using threads with gtkmm can be tricky
(searching the list could provide those threads).  Others on this list
may probably be more helpful than I am in this respect.

--
José