gtkmm and gstreamer

I'm writing a gtkmm application that uses gstreamer. For gstreamer
"pipelines" a glib_main_loop has to be running. I saw that
Gtk::Main::run() is basically a call to gtk_main(). I read the docs for
gtk_main() and it's a wrapper for glib_main_loops as far as I can tell.
Does this mean if I call Gtk::Main::run() I don't need to worry about
calling another main loop for gstreamer from another thread? Can anybody
share stories/experiences with gtkmm/gstreamer development?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. should I sign (gnupgp sign) messages that I post to mailing lists?
--
My GnuPGP key at:
www.basementcode.com/public_key.txt