Re: Call for vetoes: Setting the global C++ locale in Gtk::Main

Hello,

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:21:22 +0200
Daniel Elstner <daniel kitta googlemail com> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 05.04.2010, 22:50 +0200 schrieb michi7x7:
>
> > "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
> >     what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid"
> >
> > it throws a std::runtime_error
>
> Paul, Alexander, can you confirm this?

Just checked it on FreeBSD 6.something, it is indeed an instance
of std::runtime_error. Your patch should work fine.

I'm a bit worried about the
#ifdef GLIBMM_EXCEPTIONS_ENABLED
part though. Basically, it means that the no-exceptions build
will fail on FreeBSD, right? I remember reading here that the
whole no-exceptions stuff is going to be removed from *mm, so not
sure if that is a problem.

Thanks,
Alexander