Re: Call for vetoes: Setting the global C++ locale in Gtk::Main

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Daniel Elstner
<daniel kitta googlemail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 05.04.2010, 22:50 +0200 schrieb michi7x7:
>
>> "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>>     what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid"
>>
>> it throws a std::runtime_error
>
> Paul, Alexander, can you confirm this?

it will take me a little while. my recollection is that it actually
calls abort, but i will confirm.

> This means that every gtkmm program will print an ugly warning message
> on startup on FreeBSD and OS X.  It's ugly, but it's appropriately ugly
> -- the environment is broken if the C++ locale support falls behind the
> C locale support.

although i think that the OS X behaviour is utterly lame, i'm not
totally convinced that i agree with you. but it doesn't matter anyway.