Re: Call for vetoes: Setting the global C++ locale in Gtk::Main

Hi,

Am Montag, den 05.04.2010, 22:50 +0200 schrieb michi7x7:

> "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>     what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid"
>
> it throws a std::runtime_error

Paul, Alexander, can you confirm this?

If it is just that, then my patch already handles it just fine.  It is
always necessary to handle that exception, since you will see it as well
on systems with proper locale support if the user specified an invalid
locale in the environment.

This means that every gtkmm program will print an ugly warning message
on startup on FreeBSD and OS X.  It's ugly, but it's appropriately ugly
-- the environment is broken if the C++ locale support falls behind the
C locale support.

--Daniel