Re: A couple of questions about gtkmm

>Thanks sledge hammer and Ian.
No prob.

>I mean, doesn't it make sense for any type box to specify the horizontal alignment?

A Vbox will align it's child widgets vertically however you want; an HBox will align it's child widgets horizontally whichever way you specify.  BUT you can't use a VBox to specify horizontal alignment, or vice versa.  The only way around it is to specify either another box to pack your widgets in that does give you control in the dimension you want, or to use a Table widget, which gives you control in both dimensions.

It sounds complicated, but when you get used to it packing is fairly logical.  By separating out the vertical and horizontal alignment you get the ability to control them independently in an obvious manner.  And if you still don't like it, that's what the Table widget is for  :-)

Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.