Re: Removing the DOS console

-mwindows is a gcc option that tells to create Win GUI application. As
I know, it has been deprecated, but I'm not sure.
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.4.2/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Windows-Options.html#i386-and-x86_002d64-Windows-Options.
Also, try searching in `gcc -v --help` output, it will be helpful too.