Re: [RE]what's the best IDE for gtkmm project development?

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 12:53:36AM -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
> 明覺 wrote:
> > On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Paul Richards <greytek lycos com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm sure you'll get a lot of varied results for this, as this is purely a matter of opinion. I like both emacs and gvim for development, and find myself switching between them ever so often because I can't figure out which one I like better.
> >>

> > thanks, i'm wondering does emacs or gvim has the function of
> > auto-remaind, for example, if I type Gtk::, then all the classes in
> > the namespace will appear as a list for me to choose; if I type
> > awindow., then all the data members and member functions of awindow
> > will appear as a list for me to choose. I come from the visual
> > studio.net ide, so I want this support for gtkmm development. Does
> > emacs or gvim or some other IDE provide the auto-remind functions?
> > thanks
> >
> I don't know of any IDEs that do that for C++ like MSVC will. Some will
> _TRY_ to do it, if I'm wrong then somebody let me know because I'm
> missing out. emacs will auto complete based on existing patterns in a
> file.

With proper configuration vim or emacs will do most of the work you
want, though perhaps in a different way.  You may check the docs of vim
and emacs to get a more clear idea of what they do.  Lots of tips are
flying around the internet as well, just google.