Re: Problem with a TreeView - speed

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 19:49 +0100, Milosz Derezynski wrote:
> Sorry, I somehow skipped explicitly stating the point: There is no
> such thing as "invisible" rows with TreeView, because at least once,
> they will be visited. Whether you use a cell data func or not
> practically makes no difference at all, at least for that particular
> problem.

How do you define "visited"? The cellrenderers will not be rendered if
you using set_cell_data_func() and fixed-height mode. A GtkTreeIter is
nevertheless created and destroyed in a loop for each row but that's
insignificant in comparison.

And using set_cell_data_func() avoids copying your data into the model,
which is obviously a performance win.

www.openismus.com