Re: The use of RefPtr

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 00:55 +0000, Chris Vine wrote:
> That does not explain why Glib::Object and Gtk::Object are treated
> differently - it does not seem to me that
> Glib::ObjectBase/Glib::Object
> needed to be implemented this way, but they were.  It may possibly be
> hangover from glib-1 and gtk+-1.

I don't understand what you are asking, but GObject and GtkObject have
different memory management, as you say, so we handle them differently.
The Gtk::Object::destroy_notify_() method override handles the concept
of "managed", which does not exist for
Glib::Objectbase::destroy_notify(). There's similar cleverness to deal
with that elsewhere too.

www.openismus.com