Re: The use of RefPtr

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 09:34 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 18:29 -0700, Eddie Carle wrote:
> > Is there any way to assign the
> > TreeModel to the ComboBox without passing it through a RefPtr?
>
> No.

Actually, in retrospect, it needn't be so complicated. I supposed if one
wants their TreeModel dynamically allocated, they could call reference()
on it manually once and then build a RefPtr from it's address so that no
calls to unreference() by RefPtr ever actually delete it. Then the only
way it can be deconstructed is by going out of scope. Would this be
considered safe or unwise?
--
        Eddie Carle

        This message has been signed with an RFC4880 signature. It is
        guaranteed to have originated from Eddie Carle and it's contents
        can be validated against it's signature.