Re: The use of RefPtr

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 20:15 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> It the TreeModel constructor even accessible? I don't think it is.

How do you mean? I can derive from it and create instances of my derived
class. Perhaps it is protected.

> Because TreeModel are refcounted as they can be shared with different
> widget.
> That's the design.

Obviously it makes sense in many applications to be able to share
TreeModels across scopes but is there any mechanism to allow for when
you'd like to avoid dynamic allocation? Is there any way to assign the
TreeModel to the ComboBox without passing it through a RefPtr?
--
        Eddie Carle

        This message has been signed with an RFC4880 signature. It is
        guaranteed to have originated from Eddie Carle and it's contents
        can be validated against it's signature.