Re: Running language, again...

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 20:46 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 16:34 +0200, Sever P A wrote:
> > I simply ask you if there is a more portable mechanism to know the
> > environmental language, for
> > the one side, and then to know if it works with an standard
> > equivalence language list for each code.
>
> if you have your distribution's development man pages (on ubuntu it is
> called manpages-dev) you can run 'man setlocale' and get info on the
> system's setlocale() function.

This is for C locales, which are pretty inflexible. If you want
something that can be changed non-globally, then C++ locales could be
what you want. You may want to look at:

http://www.cantrip.org/locale.html
http://www.unc.edu/depts/case/pgi/pgC++_lib/stdlibug/sta_9169.htm

for some more details, or maybe pick up Nicolai Josuttis' book on "The C
++ Standard Library", which has a chapter dedicated to
internationalisation.

--
David King | http://amigadave.blogspot.com/ | davidk openismus com