Re: Running language, again...

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 16:34 +0200, Sever P A wrote:
> I simply ask you if there is a more portable mechanism to know the
> environmental language, for
> the one side, and then to know if it works with an standard
> equivalence language list for each code.

if you have your distribution's development man pages (on ubuntu it is
called manpages-dev) you can run 'man setlocale' and get info on the
system's setlocale() function.  Here's a portion:

NAME
       setlocale - set the current locale

SYNOPSIS
       #include <locale.h>

       char *setlocale(int category, const char *locale);

DESCRIPTION
       The setlocale() function is used to set or query the program’s current
       locale.

       If locale is not  NULL,  the  program’s  current  locale  is modified
       according  to  the  arguments.  The argument category determines which
       parts of the program’s current locale should be modified.

--
José Alburquerque