Re: libglademm and signal autoconnect

Hi.

Murray Cumming wrote:
For example, the attached hack allows
to get the handlers by names
I don't see your implementation of autoconnect_clicked().
Yes, its not there yet. :)
As stated above, the patch allows to get
the handlers by names, and that's what it
does in an example. I thought it is the main
problem with implementing autoconnect, so
the patch does only this right now. Note the
slots.get_slot("on_button_clicked") in an
example now, which demonstrates an ability
to get handlers by name.
I haven't implemented autoconnect_clicked()
(yet) because I don't see the libglade SAX
parser wraps in libglademm. I guess I'd have
to iterate the widgets tree, but this API
seems to be not wrapped yet, right?

And this only works for void something(void) slots,
In this POC hack, only the void handlers are
supported. It might be easy to add anything
else though.

rights, and even
only for signals called "clicked"?
No, the main "feature" is to get the slot by
_any_ name, like in the example I changed.
The example now finds the slot by the name
"on_button_clicked", and that works.
Ignore the autoconnect_clicked() prototype
for now. :)

So, essentially, what my hack currently does,
is the possibility to look-up the handlers by
its names. That's all it does for now. If I
find out how to iterate the widget tree (for
which, I presume, the libglademm API is
currently missing), I'll implement autoconnect
(not only for clicked, but for everything).
So, how to iterate the widget tree? :)
Or any other way I can get the widget_name->slot_name
map for all widgets? That's all I need to get
the thing done, because the handler look-up already
works, as demonstrated. :)
I was also wondering whether or not such a
technique would be acceptable for inclusion
at all when everything is implemented, or only
the gmodule-like approach is considered acceptable
here (which I don't find practical to even try
with C++).