assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed with FileChooserButton

Today I was trying to use the new gtk-builder and in the process
discovered that I needed to update to the latest gtkmm
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/gtkmm/2.14/
I got my hello example working and decided to re-compile
one of my apps using the new gtkmm.  It compiles and runs
but I get this message on closing the app.

assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

After a little and error, I found the problem seems to be
connected with the FileChooserButton.  I added one FileChooser
to my hello test app and get the same problem.  So I guess
something has changed with FileChooserButtons in this
version of gtkmm.  I tried searching Google and this list.
I did find some old messages in this list.  In November-December
2008 I found a thread "FileChooserDialog" and it might be the
same issue but the thread seems to have died without an answer.

John Hobbs wrote:
> I've seen this as well, with the 2.14-2 release, I just ignore it
> because it all seems to work and, well, I'm lazy.
>
> Anyone try the -3 one?
From that thread I assume you mean 2.14.1-3?  The latest I found
is 2.14.3-2 so that is what I used.

Is there any hope for this problem?