Re: getting started with gtk-builder

Damon Register wrote:
could probably make some progress with gtk-builder.  Using the gtkmm
documentation, I have made guess-work changes to a simple libglademm
example I have.  It compiles and runs but does not display as I
expect.  It only shows a small window.
I just realized that my gtk and gtkmm is a bit outdated so
I installed the latest (2.14.3-2) from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/gtkmm/2.14/
Now my hello app compiles and runs, after making a slight change
to what I posted in the previous message.

  string file1 = "hello.xml";
  Glib::ustring obj1 = "layout1";
  xml_interface = Gtk::Builder::create_from_file(file1, obj1);
  Gtk::Layout *main_vbox;
  xml_interface->get_widget("layout1", main_vbox);
  add(*main_vbox);

It seems to work but I would like to know if I am on the right
track before I proceed.

Damon Register