Help required regarding libgdamm

Hi,
I am using (read, trying to use) libgdamm-4.0 on Debian Sid, using
builds from souce tarballs.
I came up against a problem that I am currently unable to solve.

Problem is that I want to have a handle to a DataSelect object.
Connection::statement_execute_select() gives me a pointer to
DataModel. From here, how do I get a pointer to DataSelect?

I have a hackish solution:
1) Get GObject from DataModel.
2) Convert to GdaDataSelect using GDA_DATA_SELECT() macro
3) use wrap() to get DataSelect

But, is there a better( elegant) way to do this? Typically an existing
visitor, or a type conversion
function... Or am I going the wrong direction? (libgda seemed to show
something similar in
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libgda/4.0/howto-modify-select.html ).

Any pointer to the correct approach would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Santanu

----
Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an
agent of chaos. Oh and you know the thing about chaos, it's fair.