Re: g_utf16_to_utf8

Can I file a bug? Seems that this function is not wrapped.

2009/4/19 Fabrício Godoy <skarllot gmail com>
Thank you.

But no one aswered whether have any method like that on gtkmm.

2009/4/19 Robert Pearce <rob bdt-home demon co uk>

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Fabrício Godoy <skarllot gmail com> wrote :

I thought (past of think?) that freeing the pointer, the ustring becomes to point to garbage.

No. When you create a Glib::ustring from a char array, the ustring is a new object containing a *copy* of the text, not a pointer. It's then quite OK to free the original char array.

The code below is right?

It looks good to me.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |