Re: g_utf16_to_utf8

On 04/17/2009 03:20 PM, Fabrício Godoy wrote:

Glib::ustring accepts a "gchar*" but not a gchar wrapped by RefPtr.

Did you read the documentation of Glib::RefPtr<>?

What didn't you understand in the part that say:
"RefPtr<> can store any class that has reference() and unreference() methods. In gtkmm, that is anything derived from Glib::ObjectBase, such as Gdk::Pixmap."

win_NetworkInterface class is a specialization of NetworkInterface abstract
class.
The NetworkInterface class defines "get_name" to return "Glib::ustring".
And I want to keep this as is, to enjoy ustring facilities.

And? I never say don't use Glib::ustring. I just say to free you pointer using g_free() as told in the documentation.

Hub