Re: Gst::Caps and the "caps" property.

José Alburquerque wrote:
Victor Bogado da Silva Lins wrote:
Replying to myself to append some information to this request, I made it
work by using the g_object_set c interface the following code seam to
work, even though it give me a weird warning :
Glib::RefPtr<Gst::Element> source = Gst::ElementFactory::create("multifilesrc", "source");

source->set_property("location", std::string("../testes/chess/IMG_%4d.JPG"));
source->set_property("index", 3425);
source->set_property("num-buffers", 36);

Glib::RefPtr<Gst::Caps> caps = Gst::Caps::from_string("image/jpeg,framerate=2/1");
g_object_set(source->gobj(), "caps", caps->gobj());

I'm not sure that using g_object_set to set the caps on elements is right even with the C API. Could you ask your question on the GStreamer list and see what the best way to set the caps on the multifilesrc element might be in the C API? We can then know how to do it correctly with gstreamermm. Thanks.

Since multifilesrc does have a caps property, using g_object_set is perfectly fine. Sorry.

--
José Alburquerque