Re: Plugin system gtkmm.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Germán Diago <germandiago gmail com> wrote:
> Hello. I'm implementing a system to be able to deploy shared libraries
> as plugins in an application.
> My framework is gtkmm-centric, so I thought it could be a good
> candidate (after adaptation) for gtkmm-utils.
> The library right now has an Application, GUIManager and a Plugin
> class. My main goal is to be able
> to attach GUI elements plus behavour through shared libraries.
> If someone requests me the (incomplete) code I have, I can send it. I
> would like to have something like
> Mono.Addins in functionality, although I don't mind if the API is
> similar or not.

Hi Germán,

I'm the maintainer of gtkmm-utils. An easy to use plug-in system
sounds good, but without some code and example it's hard to say
anything specific. Dodji Seketeli has developed something like that
based on GModules from Glib for Nemiver [1] [2]. I never really
took time to understand and add that to gtkmm-utils.

If you want, what you could do is clone the gtkmm-utils git repository [3],
add your code with an example and show us how it works.

    Marko

[1] http://mail.gna.org/public/nemiver-list/2006-09/msg00008.html
[2] http://svn.gnome.org/svn/nemiver/trunk/src/common/nmv-dynamic-module.h
[3] git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gtkmm-utils.git