Re: How do I run a Gtkmm app in a KDE desktop

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 16:49 +0200, Martin (OpenGeoMap) wrote:

> > Thanks.  But I don't quite understand.  You're using Ubuntu?  That's
> > a GNOME desktop.  That's what I'm in right now and I work great.
> > What I'm looking for is how to run under a KDE desktop.  Did I
> > misunderstand something?

I don't understand what the problem is. Maybe you could be more specific
about any particular real problem that you have encountered.

I'm sure that Xandros has the GNOME libraries (and probably the full
GNOME desktop) in addition to KDE. That's all you need to run a "GNOME"
application in KDE. They both use X Windows and share various other
low-level stuff.

www.openismus.com