Re: How do I run a Gtkmm app in a KDE desktop

Thanks.  But I don't quite understand.  You're using Ubuntu?  That's a GNOME desktop.  That's what I'm in right now and I work great.  What I'm looking for is how to run under a KDE desktop.  Did I misunderstand something?

-Garth

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 4:35 PM, martin User <martin opengeomap org> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm relatively new to the Linux/Gtkmm world and have been developing
> under
> Ubuntu which is great. My client also wants the app I'm working on to
> run
> in a Xandros distro which uses a KDE desktop. Is this possible? How
> would
> one go about doing this?
>
> TIA!
>
> -Garth

I am using Ubuntu+anjuta+gtkmm and itś really easy to install and work.
Using Anjuta is direct because you work with autools.?????????

Regards.

With autotools you can know if the user in KDE have gtkmm dependencies installed.
gtkmm and gtk works fine in all KDE desktops i think?.

I don´t know if it´s a good technique put all gtkmm and gtk libraries dependencies with your application. In windows it´s very common, but in linux i don´t know???.

Perhaps the experts from this list can help us?

Regards.