Re: Cedric Gustin gtkmm-win32

Damon Register wrote:
gives me more reason that ever to want to find how to build the gtkmm
libraries so that I can be sure it was done with the same compiler.

Do you think this would be very difficult to figure out?
I believe I have answered my own question.  Since I had some luck with
building other gtk related components, I decided to give it a try.
I downloaded each of the items that were contained in the Cedric build
and was able to build each one with almost no trouble.  The only one that
gave me any trouble was glibmm.  Since it was only one of the examples
that failed, I just edited the makefile to remove the examples.

After building and installing them all, I was able to run that demo app
that was giving me trouble.  Here are the steps I took to build

1.  http://cairographics.org/releases/
     cairomm-1.6.0.tar.gz
     ./configure --prefix=/c/GTK
     make
     make install

2.  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libsigc++/2.0/
     libsigc++-2.0.18.tar.gz
     ./configure --prefix=/c/GTK
     make
     make install

3.  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glibmm/2.16/
     glibmm-2.16.3.tar.gz
     ./configure --prefix=/c/GTK
     edit Makefile to remove examples.  One of the examples does not compile
     make
     make install

4.  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtkmm/2.12/
     gtkmm-2.12.7.tar.gz