Re: Howto display HTML formated text in my gtkmm app?

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 22:00 +0200, Karl Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to gtkmm, and I am looking for some
> code examples to display HTML code in my
> still small gtkmm application.
>
> Is there a way to display HTML formated text?

If you are talking about rendering an HTML page (instead of showing the
text with the HTML tags being visible) then you need something like
gtkmozembed (there is a gtkmozembedmm) or WebKit.

> Is there a way to display HTML formated text with a Gtk::Label?

No, Gtk::Label cannot be a web browser.

> Where can I find more code examples and smaller code
> examples than in gtkmm-demo.

The gtkmm book has several examples. For instance:
http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-button-widget.html#sec-pushbuttons

The source code for these is in the gtkmm-documentation module:
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/gtkmm-documentation/

www.openismus.com